- Contact No: 0208 663 4989
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.lettingagenttoday.co.uk/breaking-news/2020/8/its-nonsense-figures-show-eviction-surge-fear-is-unfounded
- Street: 5 Albemarle Rd, Beckenham
- City: Beckenham
- State: England
- Zip/Postal Code: BR3 5LN
- Country: United Kingdom
- Listed: November 25, 2021 10:55 am
- Expires: 25 days, 10 hours
The largest survey yet conducted about rent payments during the pandemic shows the claims of pressure groups about widespread evictions are unfounded.
Over 95 per cent of 2,243 private tenants questioned in the study are paying rent in full or have an arrangement with their landlord to pay a lower rent or defer payment.
The survey, conducted independently for the National Residential Landlords Association, finds 87 per cent of private tenants have paid rent as normal throughout the pandemic.
An additional eight per cent have agreed a reduced rent, a rent-free period or made some other agreement with their landlord or letting agent
Ahead of the courts beginning to hear possession cases from August 24 the survey shows that just over three per cent of tenants are building arrears and are unable or unwilling to repay.
Less than a third of all those with arrears – so that’s just two per cent of the entire survey sample – have been served with a possession notice.
6 total views, 1 today